DEPOSITS IN THE BANK
Deposits in the Bank
- Positive interactions with students
- Allow for withdrawals
- Hard to withdrawal if no "money" in the bank
Tips for adding Deposits
- Lunch Bunch: lunch with students
- Greeting at the Door: greet students at the door when they come to class
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens (Relationship Bank Account)
- Labels: Can create barriers to developing relationships with students. Don't define a student by a single class or interaction.
- Environment: Can add extra challenges for students. Must give each student a blank slate each day. Each kid is an individual.
- Observing a Colleague: A great way to get different strategies for instruction. Reminder to keep a growth mindset.
- Effort: You aren't always going to see the fruits of your labor, but you have to believe it. You can't get set in your ways. Teaching and learning are processes. #kidsdeserveit
THOUGHTS TO PONDER
2) Power of Relationships: What might be some ways you can continue to build the relationships you have with your students?
1) What is your favorite strategy you have used to build relationships with your students?
- Share it on Twitter with the hashtag #L3podcast
- Share it with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) We plan to highlight some of your favorite strategies on future episodes.