Eric's Top 3ish Book Recommendations
Hacking Leadership by Joe Sanfelippo & Tony Sinanis
Power of Branding by Joe Sanfelippo & Tony Sinanis
When Fish Fly by John Yokoyama & Joseph Michelli
Kids Deserve It by Todd Nesloney & Adam Welcome
Thoughts to Ponder
1) Perspective is Key to everything we do in life:
- Good to step back, see things through lens of students because we are here for them
- A student's perspective clarifies how diverse and differentiated lessons plans need to be
2) Building Relationships
- Foundational to understanding our students on a more personal level
3) Respect Students
- Don't ask students to do something you wouldn't do as an adult
- Provide autonomy for them to move---lots of sitting in a day
- Good practice to reflect on instructional practices...."doing it because its the way you have always done it" might be a good time to reflect.
- Get to the core of what we really know is best for students.
Episode 1 explored an elementary teacher (Patrick Snyder) shadowing a student for a day while episode 2 was an elementary principal's (Eric Ewald) experience. Looking ahead to episode 3 and 4, we will shift from an elementary lens to a junior high lens of shadowing students.
CONNECT WITH US:
Have an idea for a future episode? What about some feedback that you feel could make this podcast better? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org